Thursday, January 7, 2010

I want to cook lamb for 24hours - I am sure I have seen a recipe somewhere! Can anyone help?

The only time I have heard of anything being cooked for so long was in a 'Dutch Oven/Hay Oven' Sear the meat and wrap in foil. Get a large box and 1/2 fill with either straw or polystyrene chips, place the meat on top and cover with more straw, cover the box with either a blanket or something similarI want to cook lamb for 24hours - I am sure I have seen a recipe somewhere! Can anyone help?
There are many recipes that suggest marinading it fo 24 hours but none I found for cooking for that long.


Even in an oven bag in a lidded dutch oven it would be ruined.


Lamb requires little cooking to get the best results, and at the price, it would be a waste of the lamb and electricity.





Lamb Leg, boneless, rolled:





Roast 325掳





(165潞 C) APPROXIMATE





Roasting





Time


Internal





Temperature





Rare


20 to 25 min./lb


135 F.





(57.2 C)





Medium-rare


25 to 30 min./lb


145 F.





(62.8 C)





Medium





(to medium well)


30 to 35min./lb.


160 F





(72.0 C)





Well done*


35 to 40 min./lb


170 F





(77.0 C.)I want to cook lamb for 24hours - I am sure I have seen a recipe somewhere! Can anyone help?
Just sear it in a really hot pan to brown the edges, wrap it in foil with some rosemary and garlic tucked in the skin and put it on a low heat and leave until you want it.





As long as it is wrapped up, it will stay moist.
http://www.americanlambboard.org/html/ho鈥?/a>





You should be able to find the recipe here. If not try





http://www.recipezaar.com
I think Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall was the man who gave a recipe where lamb was cooked for 24 hrs at 110C, but I can't find it anywhere on the Net!
Try putting it in a slow cooker with nothing in it.
Wrap it in foil than cook for 25 minus a pound or long
like osso bucco?

No comments:

Post a Comment