Sunday, December 20, 2009

I am cooking with fennel, the recipe says to remove fonds. Can you tell me what they are?

it's the leaves on top. all you need is the bulb. the leaf can be used as a garnish if you want.I am cooking with fennel, the recipe says to remove fonds. Can you tell me what they are?
The hairy stuff. You also need to cut the stalk off, not just the hair. You really only need to bulb (round part)I am cooking with fennel, the recipe says to remove fonds. Can you tell me what they are?
The fronds are leafy part.
that hairy stuff
The bulb is the round part at the bottom. The frond is the leafy - very tiny leafy - part at the top. A lot of stores remove it before selling, so don't be nervous if it isn't there.
Fonds is the character that Henry Winkler played in the sitcom 'Happy Days'





Lord knows how he came to be in your stew!
just chop it all up and add it in. the fronds add all the flavour!

No comments:

Post a Comment