Thursday, December 24, 2009

I have got a recipe for cooking the Christmas turkey.?

It suggested cooking at 20 minutes per kilo ... Then I suddenly thought, would that timing be the same for a boned turkey as well?





If the turkey with bones weighted say 10 kilos (thus 10 x 20 minute) and only 8 kilos without bones (thus 8 x 20 minutes) would the turkey be under cooked?I have got a recipe for cooking the Christmas turkey.?
De-boned and stuffed?





-Edited-


In general, a de-boned turkey will cook faster than a bone-in bird, so reduce your usual cooking times by a few minutes per kilo. Be sure to baste often.





You did not mention whether the turkey was stuffed or not, therefore, since we have little time to discuss this further, I suggest (if stuffed) you maintain the normal (bone-in) cooking time, basting frequently and watch the bird closely!





I hope this helps and Merry, merry Xmas to you and yours.





God Bless ;)I have got a recipe for cooking the Christmas turkey.?
i think its 20 mins per pound?


And add another 20 mins to end of cooking time.


I also got a boned and stuffed turkey and this is what the butcher recommended.


Enjoy!
  • masks
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment